Affiliation: Bocconi University
Bio: Torben Pedersen is professor at Bocconi University. He received his PhD from Copenhagen Business School in 1994.
He has published over 100 articles and books concerning the managerial and strategic aspects of globalization. His research has appeared in prominent journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Science, Journal of Corporate Finance and Human Resource Management.
He is co-editor of Global Strategy Journal and Advances in International Management as well as serves on numerous editorial boards.
He has been a visiting scholar in Australia (UNSW), India (Park Global Business School), Italy (Bocconi University and Padova University), New Zealand (Auckland University), Spain (Valencia), Sweden (Gothenburg University) and USA (Stanford University).
His research interests are located at the interface between strategy and international business and with a strong interest in the following areas:
- Knowledge management (with focus on the organizational mechanism that can be applied to facilitate knowledge sharing in MNCs
- Offshoring/outsourcing (the global relocation and reconfiguration of value chain activities
- Subsidiary entrepreneurship (in strategically important subsidiaries like Centres of Excellence
- Innovation of organization and management (i.e. new ways of organization that create competitive advantage).
- The process of internationalization (the learning process entailed when expanding the international activities).
He was Vice-President for AIB (2008-2010) and Program chair in 2009 for the AIB-conference in San Diego. He was also Vice Chairman of EIBA from 2007-2010. More information can be found on his faculty webpage.
Last Updated: March 2011