AIB Canada 2022 Hybrid Chapter Conference
14 November 2022 - 15 November 2022
Theme: Global Business and Supply Chains in a VUCA World: UN SDGs, Sustainability, and Resiliency
Submission Deadline: 12 August 2022
Registration Deadline: 1 November 2022
Point of Contact for Event Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive Paper Submissions: Submissions with diverse research methodologies, such as empirical studies, analytical modelling, and multi-methodological approaches, are welcome. Please submit a 5 to 7-pages (double-spaced, plus abstract and references) long structured proposal by August 12, 2022. Name your filename as follows [YOUR-NAME]_AIBCANADA_COMPETITIVE. Send your submission to: email@example.com.
Conference Theme Overview: In a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world, the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) provide an overarching framework in mitigating the grand challenges of the “modern world.” From pressing issues of climate change and global outbreaks to social struggles to trade wars to oppressions of culture, these challenges call for transdisciplinary scholars to network, develop collaborative research ideas and plans, and provide insights to inform decision- and policy-making bodies. In this conference, we plan to share the best and unsuccessful practices of global companies in instilling sustainability and resiliency in global business and supply chains and map a cutting-edge research agenda.
We invite submissions from scholars and practitioners who study the crucial questions related to this conference theme. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- How does the management paradigm change within a VUCA business landscape?
- What are the key strategic decisions for sustainable global business in a VUCA world?
- How do sustainability imperatives change global business and supply chains?
- What did COVID-19 teach us about resiliency in global business and supply chains?
- How can UNSDGs be utilized in enhancing sustainability and resiliency in business?
- How do Canadian companies fare in a VUCA world?
- What are the current key challenges and research issues facing global and Canadian companies?